Oxford International Primary English Book 5
Rich international content that delivers reading comprehension, writing, and speaking and listening skills to all students.
- Structured teaching frameworks, clear teaching objectives and assessment criteria ensure confident delivery of all the core skills for first and second language learners
- Comprehensive teaching support enriches teaching, saves planning time, and ensures that language and literacy skills are being taught successfully The series links to Oxford Reading Tree, Project X, and TreeTops reading programmes. Thematic units of engaging fiction and non-fiction expose students to rich language texts from around the world to develop core language and literacy skills.
- The series is based on Oxford International Curriculum, PYP and Pakistan Single National Curriculum.
- Measurable learning objectives allow assessment of students’ progress throughout the course.
- New vocabulary is highlighted leading to pre-reading discussions
- Texts extracted, read by English speakers, provide pronunciation models and can be found in the Teacher Resource Books.
- Challenging new words are explained to widen students’ vocabulary
- Discussion Time engages students with the unit theme and helps to assess speaking and listening skills
- Differentiated activities develop students’ understanding of essential skills and provide activities for mixed abilities in one classroom
- Writing workshops at the end of each unit focus on longer activities to develop students’ writing skills
- Writing models and writing frames are provided to guide and support students’ own writing Step-by-step guidance on delivering effective lessons and assessing student progress ensures
core skills are taught in a consistent way.
- Learning objectives explain the specific focus of each lesson and demonstrate how to assess students’ ability
- Clear guidance on using text extracts is provided to help develop students’ reading comprehension
- All definitions are provided for the ‘World Clouds’ and audio versions can be found on the DVD
- Answers to end-of-unit test pages; revise and check tests and all Student Books, and Workbooks exercises, also in the DVD
A DVD in each Teacher Resource Book includes:
- eBook version and audio recordings of all text extracts and ‘World Clouds’
- Planning and assessment checklists
- Write-in workbooks to provide language practice to support students’ skills development and offer a record of progress
- Student self-assessment pages for each unit to build
their confidence in their skills knowledge