Keyboard: Computer Science with Application Software (Third Edition), a series of eight books for Classes 1 to 8, is a comprehensively revised edition of Keyboard: Computer Science with Application Software and carries forward the very same interesting and interactive approach that is a hallmark of the first edition.
This revised edition incorporates the most recent feedback on user requirements and up to date information on advancements in the field of information and communication technology. The books have updated MS Office modules along with Logo at the primary level, and include design and graphics software, namely, Flash, HTML, Visual Basic, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop, at the secondary level.
The presentation and language continues to be lively, simple, and easy-to-understand. The text is well-supported by comic strips, icons, cartoon characters, and illustrations, making the learning process an enjoyable experience.
- Worksheets: Unit-based and conforming to the continuous assessment needs of the learners
- Fast Forward: Time-saving keyboard shortcuts for menu commands
- Top Tip: Useful tips on options available for different operations
- Practice Time: Situational exercises along with their solutions that reinforce learning
- Computer Manners: Computer etiquette explained through cartoon strips
- Tricky Terms: Chapter-end list of important terms along with their definitions
- Memory Bytes: Summary of each chapter for quick recapitulation
- Exercises: A varied question set testing learners on all aspects of conceptual theory covered in a chapter
- In the Lab: Practical exercises enabling concept application to real-life situations
- Teacher’s Notes: Important information and suggestions on creative approaches to a chapter or a topic
- Appendices: Include Projects, Cyber Olympiad Questions, Revision Questions, and Keyboard Shortcuts
Each Student Book is accompanied by a digital learning resource that offers interesting animation, informative tutorials, and interactive tests for the student to supplement classroom instruction with independent learning.
The course is supported by Teaching Guides lesson plans, a complete answer key to the Student’s Books, worksheets, and assessment papers. The Teaching Guides are also accompanied by a Digital Teaching Resource that offer a wealth of learning and assessment material. An innovative Test Generator enables teachers to produce test papers from an extensive pool of questions for each chapter and section.