Oxford University Press Pakistan (OUPP) is committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve, and encourage applications from people of all ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds. OUP is always on the lookout for motivated and ambitious individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and organizational abilities. Fluency in written and spoken English and proficiency in desktop applications are essential prerequisites.
OUP offers a variety of opportunities to prospective applicants in Editorial, Design, Sales, Marketing, Production, Finance, IT, and other departments. The company’s head office is situated at Karachi, with regional offices at Lahore, Islamabad, Multan, Peshawar and Faisalabad.
Interested candidates may apply online for specific positions (as listed) by filling in the form provided. Students are welcome to apply for internships. An asterisk (*) indicates a required field. We respect your privacy and do not sell or rent your personal information to any organization.
The Professional Development (PD) team at OUP Pakistan provides a service to the Press’ sales and marketing functions by visiting educational institutions, understanding their needs and requirements, offering sound teacher training workshops/orientations, and giving product knowledge talks to support the Press’s promotional activities.Reporting to the Publishing Director, the Manager Professional Development will provide strategic and leadership support to achieve the targets of the PD team of OUP Pakistan. The position is primarily responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of teacher training workshops nationwide with the aim to equip teachers with techniques to handle the OUP curriculum; reviewing the training content/material to be used in the workshops; observing external teacher-training sessions to support key launches, campaigns, and approved initiatives; overseeing the recruitment of and development of the freelance teacher trainer pool; and collaborating with Marketing and Sales teams to identify and analyse teachers’ needs and, accordingly, develop and execute training plans for schoolteachers.The role will also involve staying abreast of local and international education and teaching trends and advising on pedagogical aspects of marketing and professional development strategies.
The candidate should have:
- A strong school education and university degree in Education (equivalent to Master's) from a renowned university with HEC accreditation, with at least 4 to 5 years of teaching experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written English language.
- Strong leadership, people management, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge about the National Curriculum of Pakistan and experience of executing school improvement programmes.
- Flexibility and cultural sensitivity, with an understanding of local teaching issues and needs.
- Proven teacher training experience.
- Know-how of the latest education, teaching, digital learning trends.
- The candidate must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as per business requirements.
Applicants should apply by 28 April 2019 by filling up the online recruitment form. Please specify the position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Sourcing Specialist position will support in partnering with business, site leadership, and suppliers to create superior value and meet financial expectations inclusive of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).Reporting to the Senior Manager Procurement, the role will be responsible for analyzing data and providing information for decision support to internal stakeholders in matters related to indirect procurement. This includes but is not limited to identifying stakeholders in the initiation of strategy development and sourcing of projects, providing analytics and tracking of spend, identifying and prioritizing cost reduction opportunities, reviewing supplier contracts and procurement process for continuous improvement, and supporting the development and implementation of procurement processes and SOPs.Additionally, the position will also be required to manage and be accountable for procurement operations across many facilities with high levels of spend and inventory in high volume, multi-commodity environments, and will be responsible to create development plans for team members to ensure continuous evolution and maximize the comparative advantage of team members.
The candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Supply Chain, Procurement, or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of procurement or inventory management experience.
- Technical experience (engineering, Project management, Financial Analysis, Consolidation and Reporting).
- Solid communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced level experience in SAP and MS Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.).
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of contract management (legal and commercial).
- Experience with eSourcing and ERP systems.
- Impeccable English language skills
Applicants should apply by 30 April 2019 by filling up the online recruitment form. Please specify the position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Candidates can also send their CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning position in subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be informed.