Management Trainee Programme: Define your career path with OUP Pakistan
OUP Pakistan is looking for enthusiastic and talented graduate students who plan to build careers in the publishing industry. Selected candidates will be offered a collaborative and challenging learning and work environment which will cultivate, enhance, and channelize their talents and energies.
Highlights of the Programme:
Selected candidates will get the opportunity to develop comprehensive understanding while working in Sales, Operations, Editorial, Marketing, Finance, HR, Administration, Design, and Digital Publishing to gain a full-spectrum exposure to the business over a period of 12 months. At the end of this duration, they will be eligible for placement in the following core functions in order to build careers as future leaders within the organization.
- Editorial: Work on manuscripts from commissioning to delivery to production, deal with content, structure, copy-editing, proofreading, and liaise with authors and designers.
- Sales: Regular visits to academic institutions for developing business, link with potential wholesalers/retailers, marketing function, inventory management, and coordinate for teachers’ training.
- Operations: Manage warehouse operations, forecast demand, and monitor stock levels by taking cost-effective measures and ensure timely delivery.
- Marketing: Plan, develop, and execute marketing and promotion strategies; manage PR and marketing of events, products, and campaigns, and develop strong networks with organizations for sponsorships.
- Finance: Manage financial operations, including payment and receipt transactions, financial reporting, annual budget packages, and review of bank reconciliation and accounting transactions in SAP.
What to expect:
As a part of OUP Pakistan’s Management Trainee programme, learning is going to be your daily mission. You will be given the opportunity to:
- take on challenges and discover best possible solutions to problems
- connect with people both inside and outside the Press
- take hands-on assignments and projects to expand your knowledge
- receive direct feedback from your Supervisor and Mentor
- be a part of an incredible working environment and culture
Who can apply?
- Graduates with at least 4 years’ bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.0 CGPA br>
Students in last semester with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Applicants having excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
- Interested candidates should submit their updated curriculum vitae by completing the online form
- Download ‘Sample test’ and ‘Instructions manual’ for appearing in the management trainee written assessment
Important timelines for applicants*:
- Curriculum vitae and form submission online by 7 November 2017
- Email announcement of shortlisted candidates for written assessment: 13-15 November 2017
- Written assessment dates and venue: 26-27 November 2017 at Oxford University Press Pakistan, Head Office, Karachi
- Email announcement of shortlisted candidates for panel interviews: 1 December 2017
- Panel interview: 10 December 2017, candidates will be informed via email
- Onboarding process for selected candidates: 20-22 December 2017
- Joining at OUPP: 1-8 January 2018
Note: All dates mentioned above are subject to change; therefore, candidates are required to follow this webpage regularly. Candidates who appear for tests will be kept updated via email.