We have resumed your online order deliveries. However due to the prevailing COVID-19 lockdown, the delivery time may take longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and support to continue serving you safely and responsibly. Stay home, stay safe and keep learning!
Introducing Dragonfly Readers, a new 9-levelled graded reading series which promotes reading for pleasure and develops reading comprehension skills, while exploring Asian cultural themes and values featuring:
- 204 beautifully illustrated stories and non-fiction texts by Asian authors and artists
- Asian culture, theme and values infused in the series
- Culture and vocabulary pages, supplementary projects and activities
Dragonfly Readers offers a complete system to teach graded reading with comprehensive teacher support.
Developed for primary and secondary schools throughout Asia, Dragonfly Readers:
- encourages student engagement, using beautifully designed anthologies across a range of genres including real-life fiction, adventure stories, traditional tales and non-fiction
- teaches about Asian cultural topics and values with genuine stories created by Asian children’s book authors and illustrators
- features a systematic ‘levelled reading’ approach with incremental vocabulary coverage, careful language recycling and increasing text complexity
- includes discussion questions to facilitate value reflection and critical thinking development
- incorporates a structured phonics teaching approach and resources, providing support to build decoding skills
- offers clear transparency of learner progression, based on Oxford Levels and aligned to CEFR
- available in print and digitally in Oxford Reading Buddy, a new next-generation digital reading service available on any device—desktop, tablet or mobile