Oxford Reading Circle Teaching Guide 2
Oxford Reading Circle is a graded series of nine literature readers designed for students of Kindergarten to Class 8. This well-established series contains a wide range of literary texts and aims to inculcate a deep appreciation of literature in English. Based on classroom feedback, this new edition offers a host of new selections in each book with improved assessments and comprehensive teaching guides. The new and colourful illustrations and layout enhance the reading experience, making the book more enjoyable.
There is special emphasis on the following features:
- The books contain classic and contemporary selections from a wide range of literature.
- The Primer and Books 1 and 2 contain drills that aid pronunciation and spelling.
- A variety of exercises, along with reference to context and extract-based activities have been included to develop and enhance factual recall capacity, inferential understanding, evaluative responses, and creative thinking.
- Exercises have been designed to improve the student’s language skills and word power.
- A fun approach has been adopted to learn new words and their usage.
- Tasks have been designed for extended classroom discussion and debate, as well as for project work. The ‘Discuss and write’ section provides practice in research, writing, and presentation.
- While word lists accompany the Primer and Books 1 and 2, there are extensive glossaries from Book 2 onwards.
- Books 3 to 8 carry notes on poets, along with explanations and drills of poetry structures.
- Comprehensive Teacher’s Books are available for all levels.
- Click here to
|Weight in kg||0.000|
|Readership / Level||For Class 2|