International Secondary Maths is a series of six textbooks (Books 6-11) written for students following the O level or IGCSE® syllabuses of Cambridge International Examinations. Books 6, 7, and 8 cater to the lower secondary classes while Books 9, 10, and 11 are for the O level or IGCSE® classes. The series adopts an integrated approach, exploiting the connections between the different branches of mathematics and aiming to develop both routine skills and higher level thinking in students.
The main features of the series are:
- clear explanations and diagrams in the text
- new topics introduced in stages so the student does not feel overwhelmed
- plenty of exercises for practice and reinforcement of concepts
- systematic revision of topics at regular intervals
- challenging and thought-provoking questions at the end of each chapter
- detailed Teaching Guides with lesson plans, answers to text questions (including diagrams and graphs), and practice papers