Oxford First Atlas
The Oxford First Atlas is a brightly illustrated and informative first atlas for young learners in their first years at school. It introduces pupils to key geographical themes and topics, including coasts, rivers, mountains, towns, travel and the environment, and develops early map concepts and atlas skills. It encourages pupils to talk and learn about maps and places.
The atlas includes:
• Introduction to Planet Earth and countries around the world
• Clear and colourful maps of the world, the continents and the British Isles
• Stunning aerial photographs and satellite images
• Picture keys to help link geographical features to map symbols
• Topics of special interest to children including animals and holidays
The Oxford First Atlas comes with an Activity Book for independent work, Teacher’s Handbook for practical page-by-page guidance on using the atlas and the e-Atlas CD-ROM for whole class display on interactive whiteboard.