New Oxford Primary Science Book 2
New Oxford Primary Science, Third Edition aims to help students understand scientific concepts in an engaging and exciting way. The content is designed to encourage and support students in observing and analysing different scientific phenomena in their everyday lives. Hands-on activities and projects have been included to involve students in the process of learning. These activities are designed to develop observational, creative, collaborative, and communicative, skills of the students which are crucial for scientific working in the 21st century.
The new student-friendly layout and illustrations will help students build an interest in science. The language has been kept simple and is graded for vocabulary.
- Recall: Concepts learnt previously are listed at the start of the unit
- You will learn that: Student-learning outcomes are listed at the start of the unit
- Concept check: Given after every major topic, to assess understanding of the concepts learnt
- Discuss and answer: Open-ended questions are given within the unit for inquiry
- Myth vs fact: Small bits of information are given to rectify misconceptions
- Exercises: Given at the end of every unit for clarification and reinforcement of concepts
- Activities and projects: Hands-on activities for individuals as well as groups, to develop scientific skills
- Fun pages: Fun-filled worksheets to test or revise factual knowledge or concepts