Think! Additional Mathematics
Think! Additional Mathematics textbook series reflects the important shift towards the development of 21st century competencies providing foundation for AS / A Level higher education.
The series covers the Cambridge O Level and IGSCE Additional Mathematics syllabi 4037/0606, for examinations effective from 2020 onwards. The changes in the new curriculum are completely updated in the series, keeping the progression of content and syllabus flow in mind. The updated assessment objectives include the measure of learning and understanding of application and demonstration of mathematical techniques.
- Chapter Opener and Introductory Problem motivate the development of concepts
- Investigation, Class Discussion, Thinking Time, and Journal Writing highlight mathematics as a tool and as a discipline
- Real-life examples and applications emphasise the relevance and beauty of mathematics
- Worked Examples, Practise Now, and Exercise questions ensure a high baseline of mastery
- Challenge Yourself problems provide extension opportunities
- Reflection prompts encourage metacognition
- ICT tools promote visualization and exploration of concepts
- Opportunities to code expose students to this increasingly prominent skill of the future
- Summary consolidates the big ideas, concepts and knowledge encountered in the chapter