Practical English Usage
Practical English Usage is a dictionary of problem points in the English language as encountered by learners and their teachers. Common problems are solved with practical, clear information in over 600 entries.
• The dictionary has been thoroughly revised following extensive research with current users of the book
• New features make it easier for users to find their way around the book
• All the most popular entries are retained, but almost all entries have been modified to make them clearer and more effective in solving readers’ problems
• Explanations and examples are now based on current corpus research
• New entries on ‘Kinds of English’ cover standard English and dialects, correctness, spoken and written English, formality, and variation and change
• This book is an excellent guide to the problem areas of English